Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ketchup Modus on EDSA Bus: Commuters Beware

As kids, we've been schooled by our elders about all the possible commute theft modus that could be thrown at us, unsuspecting commuters.

There's the spit theft modus - where the thief would spit a really huge gross loagie on you, enough icky phlegm on your hair and skin to get you screaming in panic like you were lit on fire. Then before you know it, your wallet's gone, and so is your phone. Same goes for the bubblegum theft modus and now back in vogue again, the Ketchup theft modus.

There's the Ice Pick modus, where they target women on EDSA buses, where the suspect pokes an ice pick from a bag, near the woman's hip and once fear immobilizes the victim, the suspect then starts copping a feel, harassing the victim before robbing her blind.

But making the viral rounds now, a Ketchup modus incident. I applaud the person who posted this, she definitely had the presence of mind not to panic and get herself to safety ASAP.

"I thought I would be safer sa public transport compared to when we were carjacked. Reality check tho nowhere is safe. You take care extra care too my friend!"



To all my commuter friends, I urge you to please be careful and more vigilant. Especially those riding the bus.

Today while I was on the way home riding a bus going to Ayala a guy sat beside me, he looked like a decent man nothing sketchy or anything. He tapped me and informed me that I had something on my clothes. When I checked I indeed had ketchup on my dress and tote bag. Having read a familiar modus like this in facebook I just ignored him and did not bother to wipe it off to avoid opening my bag. He even asked me if I had any tissue or handkerchief in which I replied "wala eh. San kaya galing to ketchup pa. Kuya bat may stain ka sa pantalon and sa kamay mo?" After that he did not reply and looked nervous and on edge. Luckily after I said that, my bus stop was near so I went to the front of the bus. When I got off the bus I did an item check and luckily nothing was taken from me.

Guys please if something happens like this just let it be. Don't open your bag because this is a modus of snatchers using either ketchup or spit to get you off guard & then steal your valuables. Better clean it off once you get to a secure and less crowded area rather than have your things stolen.


Ah, such is the commuting life in Manila :(

No comments:

Post a Comment