Monday, July 27, 2015

European Union Laws Require You to Give European Union Visitors Information about Cookies Used on your Blog

Hello Readers,

Google has informed me that my blogspot has been getting views from Europe and the EU has strict cookie laws. Though my site is primarily about my home country the Philippines which is located in South East Asia. I'm required by Google Policies to let you know that my site has cookies, its up to you dear reader whether to allow these cookies on your browser. I love my blog so I'm doing everything to be in compliance with Google. Please note beautiful baguette and pilsen loving people of Europe, this site has Cookies!

Read more: 
Cookies notification in European Union countries
European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent. 

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. 

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.

So from an EU browser, your site will have this kind of cookie prompt or cookie notification:



EU Users Browser Settings
For EU users, here are some things you can do if you feel bogged down with so many cookie notifications on websites you visit. You can customize your browser settings by using a browser extension that allows cookies or only the type of cookies you want. You can filter out the cookies with ad blockers or install Google Chrome CookiesOK or "I don't care about cookies" which is 2nd extension for Firefox web browsers. CookiesOK enables your browser to accept cookies you like automatically. It detects the often favored or widely used cookie scripts and handles all the 'I Accept' prompts for you.


OR you can make your self some delicious Cookies

6 comments:

  1. I am also getting this notification and can't understand what to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure either so I just posted this because I don't want to get penalize for non-compliance. But if u are viewing ur site from the EU, there will be a tag or notice on your blog that has a warning on Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did u do anything other than posting this message ? i got the same thing and am posting the same kind of message as you did .Are we required to do anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did u do anything other than posting this message ? i got the same thing and am posting the same kind of message as you did .Are we required to do anything else?

    ReplyDelete